JPIC is an extracurricular, voluntary group for TY students.
- JPIC stands for Justice, Peace and the Integrity of Creation
- The group aim to highlight Loreto foundress Mary Ward’s key values – freedom, justice, sincerity, truth and joy and show how they are just as relevant today
- The group highlight and raise awareness in the school community on issues of peace and justice in the world
- All Loreto schools around the world have Justice and Peace groups. Representatives from the different Loreto schools meet at various locations in Ireland with their teachers during the year to discuss ideas and work on issues
By joining the JPIC group students can….
- Develop leadership capabilities as there are different positions available which they run for – Captains, Public Relations Officers, etc
- Take responsibility for creating awareness campaigns in the school which can involve peer teaching, whole school assemblies, guest speakers, running competitions and speaking to the school community as a whole group
- Attend Loreto schools Justice and Peace meetings around Ireland where they meet other Loreto students and representatives from NGO’s and Loreto IBVM representatives
- Make new friends in TY
- Learn new skills in communications, running promotional campaigns, writing for the website, public speaking skills etc