The Board of Management operates within the guidelines of the Articles of Management of Voluntary Secondary Schools and the educational philosophy of the Loreto Trust Board.
Board of Management
Mr. Brendan McCauley
Secretary of the Board
Ms. Aoife Kavanagh
The current Board of Management has both long serving and new members, ensuring continuity and renewal, and is also gender balanced. Regular contact is maintained with the Loreto Trustees. The Board makes an annual report to the Loreto Education Trust and the trust’s education officer visits the school every year to discuss any findings or implications of the report. Training is offered to all new board members.
The Board meets very regularly and fulfils its duties conscientiously and professionally. The Board ensures that statutory and other policies have been drafted and ratified, that school facilities have been maintained and improved, and that the Board’s financial and employer obligations have been carried out diligently.
Function of the Board
The Board will have the following general responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the school operates according to the religious and educational philosophy of the Loreto Sisters
- Promoting the general welfare and progress of the school
- Financial administration of the school.
- Selection and appointment of staff.
- Dealing with official correspondence relevant to the Board.