The policy is drawn up in the context of the Loreto philosophy of education, the Education Act, 1998, the Equal Status Act, 2000 and the Data Protection Acts 1988, 2003, 2018.
The LHS Beaufort website serves as a resource for individuals both inside and outside of the school community. The site functions as a means of communication among staff, parents, students, board and alumni. Prospective families and employees are also included in its target audience. Users are able to access up-to-date news, calendars and schedules. The School’s philosophy, history, curriculum and location are also available on the website.
Personal contact information for students, parents and staff, including home and e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and other information that could be used by unauthorized individuals, will not be published on the LHS website.
LHS Beaufort fully respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you on this website. Any information you provide in an e-mail message to our contact email address is not shared with outside parties and is used only in line with the purpose for which you provide it.
For general web browsing personal information is not revealed to us, though certain statistical and technical information is available to us via our Internet service provider, information that is logged by standard web servers on the Internet.
The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
* The IP address from which you access our website (an IP address is the number automatically assigned to your computer when you are surfing the web. IP addresses are used to analyse trends, administer the site, track users’ movements, and gather statistical information and are not linked to personally identifiable information);
* The type of browser and operating system used to access our site (for example, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Windows, Linux);
* The date and time of visits to our site;
* The pages visited;
* The internet address of the website from which you accessed our site, including any search terms used;
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the type of technology which our visitors use. We may compile aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information but we do not track or record information about individuals on their visits and any such statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
Maintenance of Website Content
- A Website Administrator is appointed to serve as the monitor of the site and is in charge of regularly reviewing and updating the School’s web pages to ensure that the information presented is up-to-date and that design elements are uniform.
- Image quality: Images published on the site including photographs will be of a low resolution. The majority of images on the site are 72 pixels/inch.
- While all content on the website is considered with the dignity and safety of those represented in mind, the Website Administrator has permission to publish material at her/his discretion unless the school has received an opt-out form. (see 5 below re: photographic images)
- The Principal or nominee will take overall editorial responsibility.
- All photographs including students (those under 18 years of age) are reviewed prior to posting. Parental consent is assumed, for posting of photographs to the website. If a parent wishes to avail of an opt-out clause in this regard, an opt-out form must be signed and returned to the school at the beginning of the academic year. All incoming parents receive this opt-out form at the beginning of their daughters 1st year at Beaufort.
- If at any stage parents wish to change their request please fill in an opt-out form: You can download the form here –
- Any incident of an image or content considered by a pupil, staff member or parent to be inappropriate to the website should be reported to the Principal.
Our website contains links to other sites and LHS Beaufort is not responsible for the privacy practices within any of these other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements on other websites you visit which collect personally identifiable information.
Such links on the LHS site are supplied solely for the convenience of users. LHS Beaufort is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked websites. LHS Beaufort does not guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them.
Required Style Specifications
The general appearance of pages on the website is controlled by Cascading Style Sheets. Any new pages on the site must be duplicated from existing pages to ensure that the navigation, header, and style elements are consistent.
This website is the property of LHS Beaufort. Students, staff or others in the school community or associated with it, whose work is published on the website will retain copyright on their own work. Most of the material featured on our website is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated.
Where material from other sources is published on our website we endeavour to acknowledge the source and copyright status of that work. Any transgressions you are aware of should be directed to the school by email or letter indicating the page(s) which you believe are not compliant with our policy or general web etiquette.
If you are visiting this site, you are permitted access to this site for informational purposes only. You may not copy, download, reproduce, republish, hyper –link to this site or transmit content appearing on LHS Beaufort’s website in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of such content requires the prior written permission of LHS Beaufort.
LHS Beaufort has adopted and enforces the standards set forth in this Website Policy for materials posted on its website. The School reserves the right to remove or disable access to material that violates its acceptable use policies. However, the School does not assume any responsibility or liability for content provided by others, including content provided by students, staff or parents on their own personal web pages, nor does LHS Beaufort assume any liability or responsibility for failure to enforce its acceptable use standards as set forth herein.
LHS Beaufort reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend this policy at any time, and you should regularly check this policy for any amendments.
LHS Beaufort hereby grants visitors to this World Wide Web site access to these pages conditional upon your agreement to accept the application of the laws of Ireland to govern matters between us in relation to this web site and you agree to indemnify us and not hold us liable for the result foreseeable of any actions you may take based on the information contained herein.
LHS Beaufort cannot and does not guarantee that files available for downloading from the Internet, including files available from websites linked to this website, will be free of viruses. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements. LHS Beaufort does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, LHS Beaufort takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations about the completeness, accuracy, suitability or availability with respect to the information contained on the website for any purpose. LHS Beaufort’s website and the content may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Glossary of technical terms used
Web Browser – The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator and Opera.
IP Address – The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company’s computer), expressed in “internet protocol” code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
Cookies – Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a web site. Cookies can be read by the web site on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the web site can “remember” you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the web site.