Two teams from 5th and 6th year Economics took part in the
Bond Trader Challenge which is part of Bank of Ireland’s financial education program. It aims to help students comprehend certain key economic principles, through the medium of the bond market, in a fun and interactive manner.
They key concepts were;
– The laws of supply and demand
– Monetary policy
– Economic indicators and their uses
– The impact of interest rate movements on economic growth
– How governments fund spending
– Credit ratings and the cost of capital.
Each student received a ticket for the Leinster v Benetton Treviso Rugby match in May 2015, a tour of the Aviva stadium, food and refreshments and a ‘goodie’ bag.
The 6th year team won a prize for the best name and Amy Allen won the individual round. Well done to all.
Most of all, the students who participated had a fun evening in the Aviva stadium.