The student council are holding a drive for Rathmines Women’s Refuge following the success of last year’s appeal. The refuge is a wonderful organisation which provides emergency accommodation for women and children who are escaping situations of domestic violence. This is a much needed service which there is much demand for. Unfortunately their funding has been reduced in recent times due to government cutbacks and therefore they are even more reliant on donations from the public. We were delighted to have two ladies who work in refuge speak at the open council meeting on Monday. They spoke of the work they do and the importance of all donations. We think this is an extremely worthy cause and we would love to continue the link between Beaufort and the refuge by making this drive an annual event in our school. We would really appreciate your support in bringing in the following items over the next two weeks. They will be collected from your form room:
• Women’s clothes ,underwear, pyjamas, socks etc.
• Children’s clothes, underwear , pyjamas, socks etc.
• Toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, shampoo, shower gel etc.
• Household Items – mops, sweeping brushes,cleaning utensils
• Household – bedding,towels,clothes
• Toys, board games etc
• Games consoles
• Books – adults, teenagers and children
• DVDs – adults, teenagers and children
Thank you for your support,