Students should be aware that they represent the school at all times when wearing the school uniform, and that their behaviour should be in keeping with the ethos and values of the school.
- Pupils are expected to wear the uniform in a neat and tidy fashion.
- Frayed cuffs and dropped hems on skirts should be mended.
- It is not permitted to wear hoodies with the skirt.
- White v-necked tee shirts or vests may be worn under the blouse but no coloured tee shirts.
- Uniform scarves and gloves may be worn coming to and from school, but not during the school day.
- Canvas shoes are not permitted, as they do not provide adequate support.
- Socks or tights may be worn but not both together. In very cold weather, it is acceptable to wear black socks and black tights together, otherwise revert to green socks only.
- Leggings may not be worn with the skirt.
- Each item of uniform must be clearly marked with a label.
- No non uniform items may be worn.
Non-uniform items of clothing (including hoodies when worn with the skirt) will be confiscated for a period of three weeks.
The items of uniform listed below may be purchased in School Wearhouse Ballyogan. Uniform Checklist
- Brendella green check skirt
- Green pullover with crest (navy for 6th Years only)
- 5 white revere long sleeve blouses
- 5 pairs dark green knee socks (navy for 6th Years only)
- Black or navy traditional leather school shoes
- Green school fleece lined jacket
- School scarf (available from Reception)
- Uniform labels
- School tracksuit
- Games skirt/jersey/games socks (hockey and camogie)
- 3 white Aertex blouses
- Navy uniform shorts
Hairstyles should be neat, discreet and simple and the colour within the normal range of natural hair colours. Hairbands should be of school uniform colours only. Jewellery should be limited to a watch, and a pair of stud earrings, one stud in each earlobe only. No obvious piercings, body art or makeup allowed.
Jewellery, including body piercing jewellery, will be confiscated until the end of term.
Uniforms will be checked regularly during the year.
No coloured jackets, hoodies, scarves or runners to be worn to or from school.