Information and Contact Details:
School Parents – A helpful resource for parents and students on ‘Anxiety’
The Education Act 1998 Section 26 – Parents’ Association and commenced by order of the Minister in February 1999 advised that the parents of a recognised school may establish a parents’ association which would promote in an advisory capacity the interests of the pupil in a school in co-operation with the board, Principal, teachers and parents as well as involving parents in a programme of activities within the school.
The Loreto Beaufort Parent Association was officially set up in October 1999. Membership of the Association is open to parents and guardians of pupils attending the school. Each year class has 2 representatives on the committee and he/she remains a member for two years.. An AGM takes place in the October of each year. The aims of the Association are as follows:
- To deepen the influence of the Christian message in the lives of the children, teachers and pupils of the school.
- To act in an advisory capacity in promoting the educational and general welfare of the pupils of the school.
- To inform and consult parents regarding school policy, plans and activities. However the Association will not be involved in matters relating to the internal administration of the school and shall not handle complaints relating to day-to-day affairs including pupils and teachers.
- To encourage parent participation in school activities.
The Beaufort Parents’ Association are involved in the following projects:
- Organising the annual Debs Ball and Festive Night
- Assisting with the School Enterprise Competition
- Fund raising for new buildings
- Act in an advisory capacity on school policy and curriculum
- Accompany pupils on school trips at home or abroad as the need arises
- Help with annual school theatrical production
- Organising a social evening for parents of new first year pupils